Take a Gondola ride to Bob’s Peak, situated high above Queenstown, and journey into the hidden world of the Southern night sky.
We can all agree that the night sky is as fascinating as it is beautiful. Now you can take a tour of our galaxy and learn about the stars, nebulae and planets that make up our solar system and beyond. We offer both outdoor and indoor tour options, so you can be guaranteed to enjoy your Stargazing Experience, regardless of the weather! You will:
- Explore the Southern night sky of Queenstown, New Zealand
- Explore the Milky Way and be captivated by the constellations and planets that make up our galaxy.
- Learn to navigate using the Southern Cross; just like Captain Cook!
- See billions of stars including the magnificent Alpha Centauri on our outdoor tour, or
- Delve deeper into the space with recent images from current NASA missions on our indoor tour.
Our knowledgeable and experienced stargazing guides will meet you at the top of the Gondola and on clear nights will lead you up Bob’s Peak where, with our powerful telescopes, you will be amazed by sights not visible to the naked eye.
No matter the weather, we offer both an outdoor and indoor Stargazing Experience so you are guaranteed to enjoy your night. In case the conditions are unsuitable for the outdoor experience, we will offer you the option to book for an outdoor tour at a later date or settle into our Moonlight Theatre with a complimentary drink and snack for the indoor experience, "A Journey into the Night Sky".
A truly unique and memorable experience, Skyline Queenstown’s Stargazing tour is a must do.
- Always wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes! We will also provide you with a Canada Goose down jacket to help keep you cosy and warm, even on the most crisp winter evenings then we finish the night with a delicious hot chocolate in our bar lounge.
- The default tour language will be English, but we offer Mandarin/Cantonese/Japanese commentary on request. Please speak to our friendly reservations team to find out more.
- Prices shown are valid until 31st March 2019.