Who are we?
Kia ora haere mai, hello and welcome to Skyline, where adventure and thrills are the name of the game. We appreciate legal policies, terms and conditions are not the most exhilarating topics to read about, but we will try our best to stop you from getting too bored.
Skyline Rotorua and Skyline Queenstown are leading tourism destinations in New Zealand. We love to create unique experiences that capture the creative and adventurous nature of New Zealand and the people who call this paradise home.
What does this policy cover?
- We are careful and considerate about the personal information we ask you to provide, and the personal information that we collect through the operation of our services.
- We only store personal information for as long as we need it, and it is then securely deleted.
- Your data is not sold or shared outside of our organisation (except for sharing that falls under the conditions outlined below ).
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you, and if requested we will remove all traces of your personally identifiable information safely and securely (except where we need to keep it).
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- We follow industry best practice in securing our websites and protecting all stored information.
This Policy applies when you use any of our websites (https://www.skyline.co.nz & https://book.skyline.co.nz/wp.dll?Axis%2FSkylineRotorua & https://book.skyline.co.nz/wp.dll?Axis%2FSkylinequeenstown) or when you book with us in person, via telephone or email, or through a third party booking agent. This Policy exists so we can be completely transparent about the data we collect and how we use it.
Throughout this Policy, we’ll refer to our websites, products and services collectively as “Services”.
By continuing to interact with us, you agree that you have read, understood, and accept the terms and conditions laid out in this Policy.
Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The type of information we collect and hold includes basic contact information, such as your name, email, phone number, physical address and payment information.
We collect this information when you book with us, respond to surveys, communicate with our staff, or complete a form or post a question on our website. We may also ask optional marketing questions in some forms, such as where you are from and how you heard about us.
If you do not provide the personal information we ask you to provide, or the information is incorrect, we may not be able to confirm your booking, provide the requested services, respond to an enquiry, or contact you.
Information We Collect Automatically
Information from Other Sources
Your Personal Information may be collected from other third parties you authorise us to contact, or by agents who are authorised by you to provide such information, or as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.
We may collect your personal information through third-party service providers, who assist us to provide you with our services. For more information on these providers, please see the ‘Information/Data Sharing’ section below.
We may also collect the information you have provided to public sources like Facebook or Instagram to help us understand who you are and what you are interested in so that we can offer personalised messaging and advertising.
How we use Information?
Purposes for Using Information
Here is a little more detail about what we use your information for. We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil our obligations to you under our terms and conditions of service, so we can provide our Services to you, contact you, and so you can purchase tickets, make a restaurant reservation or book one of our many activities.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests of conducting our business, which may include:
- Continued research and development- to help us improve our Services by adding new features, improve our booking process, fixing bugs or removing frustrating features so we can create more efficient and user-friendly services.
- To keep an eye on trends- so we can better understand how our customers interact with our Services.
- To measure, gauge and optimise our customers’ experiences- to improve the effectiveness of our advertising and promotions.
- To maintain the security of our services- through monitoring; to prevent any problems with our services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Skyline and our customers.
- Where we have your consent in accordance with the relevant law, or if your consent is not required by any relevant law, for the purpose of sending you our newsletters, surveys or marketing communications, to keep you updated with our services, to get your feedback and to provide our marketing material to you, including letting you know about our special offers and promotions;
- To otherwise protect our vital interests in our property, our legal rights, or those of others;
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- For any other lawful purpose made known to you when collecting your personal information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent. Where we obtained your consent to use your personal information, for example for receiving marketing communications, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Other sections of this Policy also set out other specific situations in which your information is collected, used and disclosed.
We may use and disclose your personal information for any of these purposes, in any circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act 1993, or in any other manner with your consent.
Information / Data Sharing
How We Share Information
IMPORTANT: We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We do not share your information outside of our organisation unless it falls under any of the following circumstances. Where information is shared, it may be shared to third parties that are based in countries that do not have privacy laws as comprehensive as in your country of residence, and for residents of the European Union, may not have an adequacy decision by the European Commission. We assure you that where information is shared, it is done so following best practices with appropriate security and safeguards in place, including standard data protection clauses. If you would like further information regarding our agreements with relevant third parties, please contact us.
- Employees, Subsidiaries, and Contractors: We may disclose information about you to our subsidiaries, our employees, and individuals who are our independent contractors that need to know your information to help us provide our services or to process the information on our behalf. We require our subsidiaries, employees, and independent contractors to follow this Policy to protect your information when it is shared with them.
- Third-Party Disclosures:
We may share your information with third parties to perform services on our behalf, to process the information for us, or hold it on our behalf. These third parties include payment providers, technology providers, providers of business and marketing services and providers of software tools used by us in our business.
While these third parties are primarily collecting this information on our behalf, some of these third parties also use the information that we provide them to support and improve the services they provide and to undertake data analytics projects. However, we do not permit them to use your personal information to market their or any other person’s services to you.
We also require vendors to agree to this Policy before we will share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a court order, or other governmental or police request.
- Security & Protection: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, the rights of our customers, third parties, or the public, including to detect, investigate, prevent or address, fraud, security or technical issues. If we have good reason to believe that there is an imminent threat of death or injury or a serious threat to health and safety, we will pass this information on to the relevant authorities.
- Business Transfers: We may transfer your information to a third party if our business or a substantial part of it is acquired by such third party.
- With Your Consent: We may share your information with third parties if you authorise us to do so.
- De-Identified or Aggregated Information: We may share information if it has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified so that the information cannot be used to identify you. We may use or publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services. Where required to facilitate customized ad campaigns, we may share a hashed version of your email address to other platforms.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly. Information posted publicly on social media websites, on our websites, and third-party websites such as tripadvisor.com are all available for others to see.
We may make use of any information that you make public when you use any such third-party services for the purposes of our business.
All third-party services are governed by the privacy policies and/or practices of the relevant third party, for which we are not responsible. Search engines may index your information posted on these sites making it accessible to third parties. Make sure you keep that in mind when deciding what to follow and share online.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard personal information when we no longer have a use for it or when we are legally required to delete it. All personal information is deleted in accordance with good practice.
We keep web server logs that record information about a visitor to our websites including IP address, browser type, operating system, devices etc, for approximately 3 years. We retain the logs for this period to analyse traffic, monitor efficiency and investigate issues or bugs.
When you use our website, Google Analytics tracks usage, trends and other information. This is automatically deleted 26 months after it is collected.
Privacy and data security is very important to us. While no online service is 100% secure, we take pride in our ability to protect our customer’s information. We follow best practices and consistently update our processes to protect information to the best of our ability. Our IT team works hard to monitor and prevent unauthorised access, use, alteration, or destruction, of information.
How to Protect Yourself
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide:
You can choose not to provide the optional booking information. Please note, if you do not provide the personal information we ask you to provide, or the information is incorrect, we may not be able to confirm your booking, provide the requested Services, respond to an enquiry, or contact you.
- Limit Access to Information on Your Mobile Device:
Your mobile device should let you block our ability to collect stored information or location information. If you do, you may not be able to use some features.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications:
You may opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us at any time. You can unsubscribe from any mailing lists, simply follow the instructions at the bottom of those messages. If you opt-out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages such as booking confirmations or receipts if you purchase our products in the future.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies:
Know Your Rights
You have the right to request access, correction or deletion of your personal information. To do so, please contact us using the details in the ‘contact us’ section below.
For residents of the European Union, where the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information, to object to processing of your personal information, to portability of your personal information, or to obtain erasure of your personal information as set out in the GDPR.
Residents of the EU may make a complaint to a government supervisory authority if you feel your rights have been breached in accordance with GDPR.
Other Things You Should Know (don’t stop now you’re almost there!)
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
External parties may facilitate the collection and reporting of web analytics via our Services (e.g. Google Analytics and Facebook Ads Manager). These providers may set tracking technologies (like cookies) to collect information about your use of our Services and across other websites and online services. This information allows us and other companies to, analyse and track usage, determine the popularity and success of content, and deliver targeted advertising.
Translations and Governing Law
This Policy is governed by the laws of New Zealand.
Although most changes are likely to be minor, we may change this Policy from time to time. We encourage visitors to frequently check this page for any changes to our Policy.
Information collected by us is held by us, unless set out in this Policy. Our address is:
Skyline Enterprises Limited
3rd Floor, O’Connell’s Pavilion
That’s it! Thanks for reading. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
While every effort has been made to provide the most accurate information we advise that Information on this website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Skyline may at any time and without notice make improvements and/or changes in the products and/or the programs described in this information.
Skyline makes no representations whatsoever about any other website which you may access through this one. When you access a non-Skyline website, please understand that it is independent of Skyline and that Skyline has no control over the content on that website. In addition, a link to a non-Skyline website does not mean that Skyline endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such website.
IN NO EVENT WILL SKYLINE BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
© Copyright Skyline Enterprises 2017 - 2022. All rights reserved.