Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Hi there! Skyline Rotorua and Skyline Queenstown are leading tourism attractions in New Zealand. We love to create experiences that celebrate and share our beautiful country.
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Skyline, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
If you have any questions, please email us on email@example.com.
- When you book with us in person or through a third party booking agent
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to book you in for one of our services. For example, when you book an activity, we require contact details.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us you will provide additional payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your credit card information.
- Communications With Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our staff, or post a question in a website form or feedback widget.
- Marketing Information: Some of our operations ask optional marketing questions. For example, we may ask you where you are from, or provide the option to take part in a survey, or our booking forms have optional form fields that ask how you heard about us.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services such as when you submit a booking form.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that you take on our website such as when you click a 'book here' button.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you interact with us via our Facebook page or Instagram account, we may use the information you have provided in these tools to understand who you are and provide personalised messaging and advertising.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to book and reserve seats, and to communicate confirmations and timings;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our customers will enjoy or will help them to book and manage their bookings;
- To monitor and analyse trends and better understand how people interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention–for example, we may analyse how many individuals purchased a product after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Skyline Companies and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Skyline Companies and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Skyline and our products; and
- To personalise your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfil our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your booking–for example, in order to book your seat at our restaurant; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Skyline, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as on social media- for example if you entered a competition where the terms of entering allowed us to tag you as the winner in a public post.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Other Site Owners: If you leave a comment on a site that uses our Services (like tripadvisor.com), your IP address and the email address associated with your tripadvisor.com account may be shared with the administrator(s) of the site where you left the comment.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly.
That means, of course, that information like your public Instagram posts, other content that you make public on their services, and your “Likes” and comments on our websites, are all available to others–and we hope you get a lot of views!
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of Skyline websites, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 3 years. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyse traffic to Skyline' websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
As another example, when you use our website, Google Analytics tracks usage and that information is stored for 26 months, and is deleted automatically once it reaches this age.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: You can choose not to provide the optional booking information such as phone numbers, or demographic related questions.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like adding a location to a photograph, for example).
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your receipts.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
If you would like to contact us about your rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Controllers and Responsible Companies
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
That’s it! Thanks for reading. Again, any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
While every effort has been made to provide the most accurate information we advise that Information on this web site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Skyline may at any time and without notice make improvements and/or changes in the products and/or the programs described in this information.
Skyline makes no representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this one. When you access a non-Skyline web site, please understand that it is independent from Skyline, and that Skyline has no control over the content on that web site. In addition, a link to a non-Skyline web site does not mean that Skyline endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such web site.
IN NO EVENT WILL SKYLINE BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
© Copyright Skyline Enterprises 2012. All rights reserved.