Many people ask, when is the best time of year to visit Rotorua?
The answer: Any time!
Although Rotorua is a favourite summertime adventure destination for both Kiwi’s and international tourists alike, there are still plenty of adventures to be had on those rainy days too.
With an average yearly rainfall of about 1,400mm Rotorua gets its fair share of wet weather. This however is spread quite evenly throughout the year, so you may find yourself getting caught in the rain no matter the season.
Not to worry though, there’s plenty to do if the weather packs in!
The top 10 best rainy-day activities in Rotorua are:
- Enjoy a glass of wine with Volcanic Hills
- Walk around lake Tikitapu (Blue lake)
- Roll down a hill in a Zorb
- Go Luging!
- Unwind and relax at Secret Spot
- Walk amongst giant Californian Redwoods
- Let loose at Motion entertainment
- Zip through New Zealand native forest
- Take on the Kaituna river whitewater rafting
- Enjoy a hot drink at one of Rotorua’s many cafes