Skyline Rotorua is focussed on ensuring all our visitors receive a warm welcome and leave having their expectations exceeded. As a business, we support the tiaki promise - a commitment to care for New Zealand, for now and for future generations. By following the Tiaki Promise, we are making a commitment to New Zealand. To act as a guardian, protecting and preserving our home.
We focus on safety, quality and customer service and all our staff work hard to meet the high expectations we set.
We have developed an innovative and integrated Quality, Health & Safety and Environment Management System based on LEAN principles called the Skyline Edge for Excellence Programme. Our programme forms the basis of our excellent continuous improvement culture which emphasizes creating value for our customers and ensuring our corporate, social and environmental responsibilities and obligations are part of our everyday business.
We are externally audited on a regular basis to ensure we meet the high standards for guest and staff satisfaction. Please see below some of the Certifications and business awards we have received.
- 2017 Winner of the Beef and Lamb Excellence Award.
- 2016 Winner of the Beef and Lamb Excellence Award.
- 2015 Winner of the Social Responsibility Award from the Westpac Rotorua Business Awards.
- 2015 Winner of the Attractions Business Award from the Westpac Rotorua Business Awards.
- 2015 Winner of the Westpac Business of the Year Award from the Westpac Rotorua Business Awards.
- 2018 Winner of the Outstanding Front of House Team of the Year from the Rotorua Hospitality Awards.
- 2017 Winner of the Excellence in Event Hospitality for Crankworx Rotorua from the Rotorua Hospitality Awards.
- 2016 Winner of the Peoples Choice Award from the Rotorua Hospitality Awards.
- 2015 Winner of the Outstanding Restaurant from the Rotorua Hospitality Awards.
- 2017 Finalist for the Visitor Experience Award from the New Zealand Tourism Awards.
- 2018 Finalist for Excellence in Training and Staff Development from Hospitality New Zealand.
- 2017 Finalist for the Best Restaurant from the Hospitality New Zealand Awards for Excellence.
- 2016 Winner of the Bay of Plenty Exporter of the Year Award.
- 2015 Winner of the Air New Zealand Supreme Tourism Industry Award from the Tourism Industry Association.
- 2015 Winner of the Business Excellence Award from the Tourism Industry Association.
- 2019 Winner of 'Rotorua's Best Activity' from the Hits.
- 2019 Winner of 'Rotorua's Best Restaurant' (Stratosfare Restaurant & Bar) from the Hits.