Skyline Rotorua’s Environmental & Conservation Initiatives:
Here at Skyline Rotorua, we are devoted to protecting the environment and the wildlife that we operate alongside. We are committed to nurturing the land of Mt Ngongotaha and supporting the future prosperity of the wildlife that lives here. One way we do this is by:
- Planting over 5000 native plants throughout the property to rejuvenate the land to ensure growth and suitability of native species on Mt Ngonogotaha.
- Encouraging the return of wildlife to Mt Ngongotaha through cultivated regeneration of native bush behind the property.
- Converting farmland to forestry for perpetuity by planting 10,000 Californian Redwood trees.
- Created a wetland and pond from captured water for the local ducks and pukeko.
- Encouraging the natural spawning of trout by cleaning out spawning streams offseason.
- Eradicating noxious weeds and pests across the property to maintain native planting and wildlife.
- Returning the environment of Mt Ngongotaha back to its natural state, encouraging native birdlife and rejuvenating the natural habitat by planting trees and 3,000 native flaxes.