- Skyline MTB will be open on a limited basis for the duration of the 20/21 season. Head to our MTB page for more information.
- Blackout dates (Christmas and Easter) have been removed for the 20/21 season.
- MTB Season Passes purchased via the Instalment option are non-refundable from the date of the first payment.
- Due to ongoing developments, there will be increased traffic on the Skyline access road. Please take extra care at points where bike trails cross the access road.
- Forestry work in and around the Skyline Gondola and Queenstown Bike Park is scheduled for the duration of the 2020/21 MTB season. Therefore, Gondola access to the bike park may be limited.
- The Queenstown Bike Park is not owned or operated by Skyline Queenstown. It’s a feature of the Ben Lomond Recreation Reserve (which is managed by Queenstown Lakes District Council). The bike park is available for public use and can be accessed from multiple locations within the reserve. Skyline Queenstown simply provides customers Gondola assisted access to the reserve.
- The number of Gondola cabins used for bike carriage is limited and availability may vary, particularly during Skyline Queenstown’s peak hours (11am-1pm and 5pm-6.30pm).
- Skyline Queenstown reserves the right to close, suspend, or change, gondola services and/or bike carriage, operating times, or refuse people entry, at its own discretion.
- Gondola service and/or bike carriage is likely to be stopped or suspended by Skyline Queenstown whenever the Ben Lomond Recreation Reserve is closed by QLDC (due to high fire risk, bad weather or other circumstances).
- The Skyline Queenstown ‘Mountain Bike Pass’ entitles the pass owner (along with one bike) uphill Gondola carriage to the Queenstown Bike Park.
- The Skyline Queenstown ‘Mountain Bike Pass’ must be presented to Skyline Queenstown staff to validate the pass holders benefits (basically, no pass = no Gondola ride).
- Skyline Queenstown reserves the right to review pass holder benefits and prices.
- Skyline Queenstown ‘Mountain Bike Passes’ are non-refundable and non-transferable. Any exceptions to this rule are at the discretion of Skyline Queenstown (charges may apply). All lost passes will incur a replacement fee of $10.
- Unauthorised use of a Skyline Queenstown ‘Mountain Bike Pass’ will result in the immediate revocation of the pass and may result in prosecution.
- Skyline Queenstown ‘Mountain Bike Passes’ are only valid for use within the season purchased.
- The Skyline Queenstown ‘Mountain Bike Season Pass’ is valid from the 17 Sept 2020 – 16 May 2021. Please note that bike carriage is subject to limited days of operation. Check out our MTB pages for more details.
- Skyline Queenstown ‘Mountain Bike Passes’ are not valid for commercial use.
- Bikes must be fully assembled and safe to transport.
- Wheels must be securely fastened to the bike frame prior to loading the Gondola.
- Skyline Queenstown takes no responsibility for bikes during carriage.
- The QLDC-Queenstown Bike Park is not recommended for first-time cyclists. Mountain biking is an inherently dangerous activity and you may be exposed to some risks – Before riding ensure you are aware of the Queenstown Bike Park Code.
- Ensure you are physically fit to undertake mountain biking – if you are unsure check with your physician.
- Appropriate riding attire should always be worn including a helmet, gloves, closed-toe footwear and suitable clothing.
- Do not attempt any trails or features unless you have sufficient ability and skill to do so safely. Always ride in control and within your ability level.
- Skyline Queenstown reserves the right to refuse Gondola entry to any individual who clearly appears unsafe and/or presents obvious risks to themselves or others.
- Skyline only provides Gondola access to Queenstown Bike Park and does not take responsibility for personal injury or damage to property in the Ben Lomond Recreational Reserve.
- Riders must ensure cabins are kept clean (dry and free of mud, dirt or litter) for all other Gondola guests.
- Under no circumstances should the cabin doors be forced open for ventilation, charges will apply for any repairs or maintenance required.