Here at Skyline, we’ve always strived to be pioneers in the New Zealand tourism industry, beginning in Queenstown in 1967 with Gondola access to a small tearoom on Bob’s Peak.
Fast-forward to 2019 where we welcomed almost 1,000,000 visitors in a single year to Skyline Queenstown, and we’re confident those tourism numbers will return and continue to grow. Therefore, Skyline Queenstown is embarking on a multi-million-dollar expansion to upgrade our facilities to secure a bright future for tourism and hospitality in both Queenstown, and New Zealand as a whole.
Proposed developments include:
- Replace the existing four-seat Gondola with a 10-seat Gondola.
- Build a new, larger base terminal to accommodate the new Gondola cabins.
- Build a multi-storey car park.
- Expand the number of seats in Stratosfare Restaurant from 330 to 650 with multiple dining options.
- New café.
- Expanded retail operations.
- Expand the viewing deck from 68sqm to 486sqm.
- Almost double the capacity for conferences to cater to more than 700 delegates.
It is business as usual while the current Gondola continues to operate until April 2023. During this time, visitors to Skyline will continue to enjoy all the facilities and activities that are currently on offer.
Subscribe to Project Updates
Stay informed and subscribe to monthly updates on the Skyline Development Project