Known for its Maori culture, geothermal activity, photogenic landscapes (not to mention the world-famous Skyline Luge!), Rotorua has an amazing array of activities for every budget.
But you might be wondering what there is to do in Rotorua on a small budget. Well, the good news is there's a lot to do!
Wrapped around the 12-kilometer-wide Lake Rotorua are both free activities, and an affordable (paid) counterparts. Read on to discover the how to make a lifetime of memories in Rotorua, without breaking the bank.
Here are the top 5 free and affordable things to do in Rotorua:
- Take a walk through a giant redwood forest
- Explore geothermal hot pools
- Ride world-class mountain bike trails
- Swim in natural hot springs
- Walk among natural springs and river trails