Queenstown's leading Maori cultural experience
Nau mai haere mai ki tenei o to tatou nei whare whakaturanga
Welcome to our special place of Maori performing arts
Journey through the mythical legends and step into the world of Maori.
Feel the spirit of a proud history celebrated in traditional song & dance.
Experience the fearsome haka and the stunning poi display.
A unique live show performed by Queenstown's leading Kapa Haka group.
In the beginning there was nothing, and in the nothingness, there was darkness.
In the long period of darkness, Ranginui (the sky father) and Papatuanuku (the earth mother) begat the many gods that command the different realms that make our world - the gods of the forest, of war, of wind, of the seas, of fire, of volcano, of mist and fog.
Throughout our culture, our values, our customs, we pay tribute to Papatuanuku (the earth mother) and our natural world that sustains all living things.
During the Kiwi Haka show approximately 6 performers will be live on stage to share with their prestigious guests many traditional Maori songs, dances and stories.
- Kiwi Haka is set in an intimate theatre surrounded by traditional decorations and mythical carved legends of the Wakatipu.
- The performers will take you on a journey through Maori culture and customs.
- Located in the Skyline complex at the top of the Gondola overlooking Queenstown, Kiwi Haka can be enjoyed with the Gondola ride only or with dinner in the Stratosfare Queenstown.
- Reservations are essential. Information on show times and package options are available here.
- Theatre capacity is 77 seats all tiered to guarantee clear views.
- Kiwi Haka is also available for special functions at Skyline. Contact the Functions Team for further information.
- Four shows a night - 5.15pm, 6pm, 7.15pm & 8pm (subject to minimum numbers).
For any other enquiries Kiwi Haka can be contacted by email or phone +64 3 441 0101.
Open daily 9am till lateCheck here for Skyline opening hours
The Inside Track
Who is Orion??
30 January 2017
Here are 6 fun facts about our great hunter in the sky!
8 December 2016
We are entering into the Geminids which is a period from Dec 7th to 14th where we will get more shooting stars than any other time of the year, in fact we can get more than 100 an hour!