Terms and Conditions
All pricing is displayed and charged in New Zealand dollars and include relevant taxes. Skyline reserves the right to alter published prices at any time.
Restaurant reservations are made on the understanding that window seats cannot be guaranteed.
Gondola tickets are sold on a per-ride basis rather than an exclusive cabin ride. Skyline reserves the right to fill cabins to maximum capacity (4 passengers in Queenstown, 8 in Rotorua).
Luge rides are subject to a strict code of conduct. Height restrictions apply to accompanied children.
Skyline reserves the right to refuse entry and may ask those who break the code of conduct to leave without refund.
Online Purchase Refund Policy
- Gondola and Luge bookings are valid for 6 months from time of purchase. Tickets can be redeemed on any day within this period, no advance reservation is required. Tickets that have expired are non-refundable.
Dinner / Lunch / Stargazing bookings are fully refundable and amendable provided cancellation / amendments are made no less than 24hours before expected arrival.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of the confirmed reservation time will result in a full cancellation fee being charged to the credit/debit card used to secure the booking. During the hours of 9am to 5pm GST+13
- In the event of a ‘No-Show’ a full cancellation fee will be charged to the credit/debit card used to secure the booking.
- For fixed price special event bookings, such as Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Mother's day etc, the cancellation fee will be the equivalent of the full menu price and we will require a minimum of 48 hours notice for any cancellation or reduction in numbers. For cancellation or reduction made within 48 hours a full cancellation fee will be charged to the credit/debit card used to secure the booking.
- Skyline Queenstown reserve the right to cancel your booking in writing to your nominated e-mail address a minimum of 30days prior to your reservation date. All cancellation will be granted a full refund cost being refunded to the credit/debit card used to secure the booking.
"This restaurant reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee according to its cancellation policy. Please note that online cancellations will only be accepted prior to 5PM a minimum of 24 hours before reservation. Thank you!"
- Gondola Annual Passes are strictly non-refundable and non-transferrable (see Rotorua and Queenstown terms & conditions for full details). Annual passes are valid for 12 months from the date of first use.
- Special refund policies apply to all Mountain Bike passes (more information)
- Skyline Enterprises reserves the right to assess other cancellations on a case by case basis and any decision on refunds is entirely at the discretion of the Operator. Cancellation fees may apply.
The Luge Code of Conduct sets out the rules that help make the Luge a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
Keep in Under Control - remain in control of your speed and direction. Make sure you can stop and avoid any person or obstacle, as it is the Luge riders responsibility for keeping their Luge cart under control. Stay alert in case quick reaction is needed to avoid a collision.
No Helmet, No Ride - helmets must be worn at all times when riding the Luge. Optional knee and elbow pads are available.
Pull Back to Stop - To slow yourself or stop the cart pull the handle bars back toward you. DO NOT STOP BY PUSHING HANDLE BARS FORWARD. Keep both hands on the handle bars at all times while riding to ensure ease of steering and braking.
Keep Your Feet in the Luge Cart at All Times - do not put your feet outside of the cart foot-well, unless completely stopped, as injury may result. Footwear must be worn at all times. Use the brakes to slow or stop the cart!
Yield to those Below - Yield the right of way to persons downhill and choose a course that ensures their safety. A rider in an uphill position is responsible for manoeuvring to avoid them.
Don't Block the Track - Stop on the track only if you are visible from above and if you are not obstructing the track. Only stop at the side of the track out of the way of others.
Respect All Safety Signs - Obey all signs and warnings and never venture off track.
No Alcohol or Drugs - Do not ride the Luge if your ability is impaired through use of alcohol or drugs.
Give Mountain Patrol a Hand - If you are involved in, or witness an accident, remain at the scene and identify yourself to first-aid staff.
Secure Loose Clothing and Articles - Jackets, garments, scarves, long hair and any personal articles should be secured to avoid damage or loss.
No Group Racing, No Bumping or Skidding - Racing in groups is not permitted. Do not bump into other carts. Do not skid the Luge cart wheels.
Warning - To ride the Luge you must be in good health and be free of height conditions, motion sickness, back problems or other physical limitations. Expectant mothers should not ride.
- Height Restriction
- To ride the Luge by yourself, you must be over 110cm in height and/or 6 years & older.
- On the Scenic Track, children under 110cm must ride in tandem with an adult.
- Between 110cm and 135cm, children can ride the Scenic Track unaccompanied.
- Children over 135cm can ride the Advanced Track unaccompanied.
Skyline reserves the right to refuse entry and to ask people not following the above Code of Conduct to leave the premises without refund.